This sweet little cardigan is finally, finally finished. I'm pleased as punch!
Basic details: based on the Katarina Cardigan by Cocoknits. Knit on size 6 needles in my Spring 2009 share of wool/mohair yarn from Juniper Moon Farm. I modified the heck out of this garment -- gauge, sizing, armscye depth, sleeve cap shaping, waist shaping, border stitch, collar depth -- but I think it was worth it to get the fit that I wanted.
That said, it was quite a saga, with much gnashing of teeth and tearing of hair along the way! Let me remind you ...
On a lark, I cast on in February. I finished the main body by early March, but the edging was not to my liking and I had to cut it off and re-knit. I finished the collar by mid-March, but I didn't like how it flared and had to re-knit it as well. I slogged through the sleeves by late March. And then it took me a month to knit the sleeves caps nearly a dozen times until they were right.
But I'm happy in the end. And I don't even care that it's finished in time for 96 degree weather .... I'll pack it away in lavender for the summer and look forward to wearing it come autumn.