
The excitement has dissipated. The rows are interminably long. Progress is hard to see, with so many stitches crammed onto the needle. This is when I usually abandon projects for something new, never to come back to them to finish. Honestly, I can't tell you how many 85% projects I have hanging around in my stash! Just last month, I stalled on an 85% pair of mittens (probably only 2 hours to finishing, and boy could I use them now!), and I paused on another 85% shawl in order to start this green beauty.

Come to think of it, this is probably a broader pattern in my life. Actually, in writing this, I'm procrastinating on an 85% paper I'm struggling to revise. And I just got distracted from this 85% blog post and went to check email for a while ... ha!
9 comments:
LOL!! That's hilarious! I'm a big one on finishing, but I struggle in teh pre-plannign process. I have to be REALLY invested to cast on apparently. Wanna hook up??? hehe!
i have always been known to be a finisher... somewhere during the past year i noticed a bunch of wip's piling up. I am so now trying to be good and finish at least 2 projects for every new one.... it's not so bad but...lol, must motivate somehow!
I finish my knitting projects, but I have lots of 85% sewing done --- and oh, the number of 85% books I have not finished reading. And I just finished reading the last 15% of those student papers I started yesterday --- some of which did seem like the students stopped at 85% done. LOL. .
I'm not great at finishing things, either. I usually stop around 90-95%...right now I have a baby sweater that needs its armpits sewn up. I also have a sweater that's been sitting in a bag for a year and a half waiting for me to stitch the pieces together. Finishing sucks.
You're funny, but admitting that you're an 85% person is half the battle! We'd love to see the shawl finished, if that's any motivation :)
you are funny. 85% is so close to done!! Go for it
Chuckle, chuckle. Oh, I could be your 75% friend. I start a project and am so excited about it. I knit and knit and knit, ho-hum, ooooh look at that new yarn, or pattern, well, I really need to do that. You can see where this is going, but oh I love to do the knitting, and your shawl is gorgeous. I look forward to seeing the finished green beauty.
A smooth digital experience starts with dependable connectivity. DeltaWiFi.org is focused on high-speed internet and the growing needs of connected homes and modern users.
Clear and practical information can make any process easier to understand, especially when people need to follow several steps or prepare specific requirements. nbi clearance
Post a Comment