Thursday, December 23, 2010

photoshoot

Yesterday afternoon, with snowflakes swirling through the cold December air ...


Nina and I ventured out among the trees and barns for a photoshoot of the Vermont shawls...


I've been reading her sweet blog, Naturally Nina, for some time, and I immediately thought of her when I decided I wanted someone to photograph the shawls here in Boston, in the snow and dark greenery and cold light.


I always feel strange contacting people out of the blue. But I'm glad I did, and I'm thankful that she made the time for this project. It was a delight to spend a few wintry hours with her! And her photography is so luminous and beautiful ...


And this means I'm one step closer to the pattern being finished!

6 comments:

Terri said...

The shawl is beautiful! Miss you lady!

Sarah Jackson said...

gorgeous!! I'm calling you right now because you are home. Happy dance!!

Turtle said...

beautiful! cannot wait.. i mean every native vermonter should knit and own one right? Happy yule!

Lotta/Sweden said...

Beautiful pictures! Patiently waiting.....☺

Tiffany said...

GORGEOUS!

You AND the shawl.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!

MissBabs