Monday, December 13, 2010

foreshadowing

It's finished! The shawl, that is. Back in Arizona this past weekend, I knit the last stitch, sewed in the ends, and blocked it out with lovely, crisp points.


Only guess what? I didn't get any good pictures of it. I did take the usual pre- and post-blocking shots, but the photos were really dreadful. The shawl is too dark to photograph in the shade and, thanks to the silk, too reflective to photograph in the sun. And I wasn't around long enough to time it right for early morning.

Ah, well. You can get a teaser from its shadow ...

I'm back in Cambridge now. I'll be working on editing the pattern over the next few evenings. And maybe if I can get a friend to photograph me with the shawl in this gentle, cool, winter light, I'll have the pattern out before Christmas ...

4 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

beautiful

Turtle said...

this was the vermont shawl right? Love the shadow pic... i hear it is freezing out your way, mom was emailing!

Julie said...

shadow lace- so pretty!! sometimes it's so hard to get good shots...

Tara said...

I'm really looking forward to the pattern! :)