Sunday, November 06, 2011

Autumn Reds

My cross-country back and forth continues. I've just been back in Boston, getting my dose of foliage and crisp autumn coolness.


I spent much of the flight there swatching, swatching, swatching. Remember the cabled tweed hat that I started for a friend last winter? After knitting the top of it five times and still being unsatisfied with it, I needed to step away. But cold weather has come again, and I needed to figure out how to finish it. I reinvigorated my energy in the project by knitting myself one in red!


And now I was back at the drawing board with the top decreases, experimenting with different ways of working the shaping into the ribbing and cables. Bah! I like a challenge, but this was getting to be too much.


I had to put it down again for my first few days in Boston. And I threw myself into enjoying the beauty of the place and season. Sunset on the Charles River....


And even a snowstorm, with heavy snowflakes falling on autumn foliage ...

3 comments:

Florence said...

Beautiful photos! I love fall! You are brave, I've not tried cables yet!

Turtle said...

awe, how fun to see. My old stomping grounds! I saw flurries yesterday but hubby didnt believe me, lol.

kathy b said...

Your hat will be awesome. Love the back and forth the country images.....