Wednesday, April 06, 2011

coffee & cables

Sunny morning. Steam rising from coffee.


Trying to get in a few rows on a cabled hat I've been making for a friend. I've already knit the top of the hat three times. This is the fourth go.


I've been trying to figure out how to work the decreases into the cable pattern. I've sketched out new ideas on plain paper, in notebooks during lectures, on cocktail napkins. But each time I knit it up, there's something I don't like about the flow of stitches.


Sometimes my perfectionistic tendencies are too much! So I'm slowing down, giving it a last try, sipping my coffee and trying to be mindful about the process.

5 comments:

Turtle said...

:)

kathy b said...

if at first you dont succeed, try try again.

YOU design lovely things.....your perfectionism is a gift to that end!

alisa said...

4th times a charm! remember those train socks...

Darline said...

Love the cable....Keep up your perfectionism...it seems to be showing your remarkable talent...

kathy b said...

I invite you to join me in dedicating a blog post monday to whomeever you wish!