Monday, August 23, 2010

unravel/reknit

We made it back to Phoenix about a week ago, and as soon as it got to the weekend we were outta there again! Mountain Man and I headed north to Isolation Canyon to escape the heat. It was a splendid weekend of climbing and carousing, with a bit of knitting thrown in.


On the drive northwards I started another Sagebrush shrug, this time in deep, saturated blues.


You may recognize this yarn as the Cash Iroha that I'd knit up into a cursed shawlette last spring. I'm unraveling it now and re-knitting it into a shrug, and I'm happy to get this yarn off my back (figuratively) and onto my back (literally).

6 comments:

Julie said...

that photo of you knitting on the cliff side is amazing! and that cash iroha is stunning. great choice.

lexa said...

That's a gorgeous blue!

Acorn to Oak said...

What an awesome place to sit and relax and knit with that gorgeous blue yarn!

Turtle said...

looks great, how nice to get out and knit....soon! I have a few items i need to frog and repurpose as well.

Natalie Rush said...

That is a great picture of you and the pup! :)

Brenda said...

Looks lovely...sitting on a cliff, knitting. A bit more scenic than my "knitting next" at home in front of the TV. Think I'll switch to the Discovery Channel...