Tuesday, August 24, 2010

llama beauty

What knitter could fail to appreciate the beauty of a llama at sunset?

Llama at sunset, Lake Titicaca

This magnificent photo was taken by a friend of mine, Rebecca Meyer, who is an immensely talented San Francisco photographer. It was taken on a South American sojourn. I fell in love with it the minute I saw it.

If you like it too, would you take a second and vote for it here, in the National Geographic Traveler photo competition? We knitters should do all we can to encourage the appreciation of fiber animals :)

6 comments:

lexa said...

What a great shot! Hopping on over to vote now. :)

Rebecca said...

hoping back from voting ---- I spent a week at Lake Titicaca many years ago when my family lived in Peru. I loved the beauty of that place and the people like no other. But Llamas are the most special part of that country. I still have sweaters my mom knit while we lived there. sigh. . . thanks for posting the photo.

Acorn to Oak said...

That's a great picture! I looooooooove llamas! :-D

KiniaCat Crafts said...

Vote logged.
Lovely picture!
T'would make an excellent note-card, screen saver, poster....spiffy!

Turtle said...

love it! i used to have a girlfriend who was a photographer for nat geo, boy did she get to travel. Love this pic, voted!

Victoria said...

Beautiful photograph! will vote now.