Monday, February 15, 2010

playing around

Although I did get in some knitting on my white wool cardigan over the weekend, I need a project in dark yarn for when we go out climbing. My hands just get too dirty from the rope handling. And of course, we did go out climbing. Here I was, sitting on a boulder after lunch ... knitting!


What I'd grabbed as I sleepily trotted out the door in the morning was a skein of earthy, dark brown Eco Wool. I had it in mind to play around with a Manzanita Cowl in a heavier yarn than the light worsted and DK yarns I'd knit it up in before. By the end of lunch, I'd finished nearly half the cowl.


To me it looked like a crown, with its sturdy height and pointed tips. I cajoled Isis into trying it on. She went along with it, but she made it eminently clear that this was beneath her dignity.


Ha ha.

Anyways, I did finish the cowl that evening. But I think I'm going to frog it and try again on the next weekend outing. Although the Eco Wool can work in that gauge, I think the pattern would show more in a bigger needle. Next time, I'm going to go up a needle size and down a repeat.

3 comments:

lexa said...

I love Queen Isis!

Turtle said...

lol, someone soooo does not look amused!

kathy b said...

I love to hear your knit brain thinking...
that you go up a size and it will show better?