Friday, December 04, 2009

a bright leaf in a dark puddle

A single bright leaf can be amazingly powerful in the midst of early winter grayness.


Most of the time I feel like I'm part of the puddle, but every once in a while I get to be that punch of color.

Cue: my Cedar Leaf Shawlette, knit over Thanksgiving in Fleece Artist Woolie Silk, color 'Aegean.'


This is a brilliant little pattern. You cast on lengthwise, create a curved scarf using simple short rows, and then finish it off with a border of knitted-on leaves. I went down a needle size to get gauge, but it blocked out quite a bit longer and narrower than the original one. I love it, though. It feels lush and lively. It lets me be that bit of color moving through the world.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Another lovely lovely knit up by you. The color is just wonderful. I love blues.