I'm such a lucky girl - both Cattywampus and Suzy Girl gave me a You Make My Day blog award! Yay! I never get nominated for these kinds of bloggy things - memes, awards, and the like - so I'm very happy indeed.
Now I'm supposed to bestow the same honor on 10 blogs that bring me happiness and inspiration and make me feel happy about blogland (seriously, I'm told those are the official rules). Here they are, with my two cents about what make them so fantastic:
1. Knit Sisters - witty, oh so witty, and fabulously knitty
2. Knitting Iris - gorgous photography, knitting, and dyeing
3. Tres Chic Veronique - lovely, lovely knitting and sewing.
4. Lickity Knit - knitting with highly entertaining self-deprecating humor
5. Riihivilla - inspiring natural dyeing
6. Creative Idyll/Blonde Chicken Boutique - just discovered her, she has gorgeous yarns with interesting stories
7. Craft Pirate - fun, spirited, and reminds me (sniff!) of Boston
8. Cosmicpluto - how does she knit so fast? one of the earliest blogs I read, still keeps me reading
9. Marnie, speak! - gorgeous designs, good storytelling, cute doggies
10. Getting Stitched on the Farm - yay for farms! I live vicariously through her
And for good measure I'll also direct you to two non-knitting blogs that make me happy (consider yourselves nominated too, guys):
PhD Procrastinating - for some fascinating Indian travels and thoughts on the world
The Dinner Bell - for some fantastic cooking with a Paraguayan twist