So what did I do with all that crazy kool-aid dyed yarn? Well, I got right to work!
Yarn recap: the base yarn here is Andee, a worsted wool/alpaca mix from Henry's Attic. I dyed a portion of it green using lemon-lime and grape kool-aid.
Pattern: my friend wanted a densely-knit cap, so I knit this up on 3s. I just made the pattern up as I went along - cast on 100 stitches, knit in 2x2 ribbing for a about 1.25", increased to 120 stitches, knit straight until entire piece measured 5.5", and then decreased in 12 segments.
Thoughts: I *really* like this yarn, both in the natural cream and the surprisingly soft green. I was super pleased with how this turned out, although my fingers were a wee bit sore from knitting the worsted weight yarn at such a tight gauge!
Yarn recap: the base yarn here is Treadsoft Superwash, from Henry's Attic (frankly, turned out a little thinner than I'd hoped. Also had 8 knots in the skein, which was vexing). I dyed it this shocking, variegated red with black cherry and cherry kool-aid.
Pattern: Vinnland, by the Anti-Craft, on size 1s
Thoughts: looks great until I lift the cuff of my jeans ....
Yeeeaaahhh.... I haven't turned the heel yet. I started these when my sister arrived for Christmas. I worked pretty solidly while she was here through early January, but I didn't manage to turn the heel before she left. They're on hold until I see her next, when I can turn the heel and check if it fits.