Thursday, June 21, 2007

Hob II


Cue the Tarzan calls! We've got a crazy new Hob here, swinging through the marigolds!!

But it's a nice Hob too. Can be sweet and tranquil too, sitting among the flowers.

Details: I knit up this little fellow with Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran, in a deep, saturated red. It took me a while to figure out the hair -- first I was going to do some beads but was told it might choke the baby it's intended for. Next I tried some black mohair, but it looked kind of devilish! Finally I used a bit of DK merino that I'd dyed with marigolds, and it makes for a fun and colorful creature.

I also managed to finish up the body of the Tuscan terracotta sweater. I fully intend to knit up the sleeves at some point, but I might leave that until the autumn. I think I could get some wear out of it this summer with short sleeves...

3 comments:

Veronique said...

I think you should definitely keep it with short sleeves, and knit longer sleeves in the fall! Great idea :)

Anonymous said...

ditto, the cap sleeves are adorable. You might even get more use out of that in sunny AZ. Or maybe elbow or 3/4 length? Regardless of your decision it is quite excellent. As is Hobette with her blond flowing locks!

Macoco said...

The sweater is a perfect length! I agree that it would be great to get some summer wear out of the sweater. Save the sleeves for the fall!