Sunday, February 10, 2008

Thank you, Phoe!

All my trolling for contests (in the name of WiKnit) has paid off, big time. I won a prize in a fantastic contest that Phoe was throwing for her own birthday.

It came so nicely packed up, a tidy bundle in orange crepe paper, tied with colorful yarn, and accompanied with a sweet note on cool stationery. Savage that I am, I immediately ripped the package open and unwound the hank to see the yarn in all its glory:

The yarn is Fleece Artist merino sock in the Rainforest colorway. It's a gorgeous handpaint of blues, purples, and greens. In addition, Phoe gave me a handbeaded necklace with opaque blue glass beads and sparkly crystals. This is such a kind gift that I can hardly believe it.

And to think that she sent it halfway across the world to a stranger to celebrate her own birthday!! May we all cultivate such generosity. Thank you, Phoe, for the gift and the inspiration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do have to laugh, it seems I bought a TON of that particular colorway of Fleece Artist. :)

Also, you're welcome! Thanks for taking part.

kathy b said...

Oh what a wonderful prize! I'd rip it open just like you!

Suzy Girl said...

Ohh!! That's so pretty! Rainforest sounds like it'd be a perfect colorway for you. Enjoy!

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

All my favorite colors kewl.I won ridiculous obsessions drawing because I found it on wiknits:)Hugs Darcy